Notes on Thomas Schranz’s post on Medium.
SCRUM stand-ups can be ineffective: it can be hard to remember what you did yesterday, encourages commitment to busy-work, can be hard to follow and can feel like an interrogation.
Using Kanban boards allows the team to see:
- All features currently being worked on
- How far along every feature is in the process
- Who is currently involved in which feature
- If progress on a feature is blocked
- Which features are ready to move forward
- Whether the team is trying to do too many things at the same time
“Walk the board” by identifying blockers and get group consensus on which features need discussion and which are going fine and don’t need discussion.