from a 01/08/14 smashing magazine blogpost by Anthony Viviano, link here.
- Prioritize early customer validation more than releasing products that have no clearly established customer value
- Design collaboratively rather than singularly
- Solve verified customer problems over building “cool” features
- Continuously measure success with established KPIs
- Use the right tool for the right job, you don’t have to use every tool in the box
- Design at the minimum fidelity possible and avoid time-consuming high fidelity wireframes, comps and specs
Head over to the post for specifics on implementation! Interesting debate in the comments, too.
From the post: Anthony Viviano I’m a New York based UX Designer in Financial Services. I believe that better, more innovative solutions come out of a group and use Lean Startup methods to facilitate collaboration.