OPDSA = Observe, Plan, Do, Check, Adjust
- What is the current state of your potential product’s marketplace?
- Which companies dominate that marketplace?
- Are there currently any companies attempting to disrupt that marketplace?
- What are our objectives in achieving our desired results?
- What processes are necessary to deliver these results?
- What outputs are we expecting to create?
- How can we validate our assumptions via a smallest-possible scale test?
- Implement the plan and create the test product
- Collect data for the next steps
- Study the test results
- Compare them against the expected results and document differences
- Looking back, did the implementation deviate from the plan?
- Was the plan appropriate and complete enough to enable proper execution?
- What unanticipated results did the test uncover—regardless of whether it was ultimately a success or failure?
- Use these unanticipated results to create new assumptions for your next product iteration
- If the test was successful, its base assumptions become our new baseline for the next iteration
- If the test failed, formulate a new set assumptions based on learnings from the test
Rinse and repeat!
(Source: Wikipedia , link here)